To qualify for Entrance Level you must meet the following credentials, experience and training level.
1. Level One Basic Chaplain Training Taught by OCA or its equivalent such as ICPC Basic Level or CPE Units 1 and 2*
2. All applicants must be a licensed minister or have one of the following:
· A Christian Workers license from their local assembly.
· Be designated as a chaplain from their local assembly.
· If you are not the pastor of your local assembly, then you must have a signed Pastor's permission form.
3. If you have no experience as a chaplain, when you enter the workplace as a chaplain you will be considered probationary for one year. This is a supervised working privilege in which a Professional Level Chaplain or an Ordained minister must agree to oversee your work. There will also be written reports of progress and a monthly tag-in with the Director of Occupational Chaplains.
"Introduction to Community Chaplaincy I":
The following areas are covered in the basic course -
§ Theological Foundations of a Chaplain
§ The Person and Work of the Chaplain
§ Public Worship and "Civil" Religious Functions
§ Chaplaincy in America
§ Legitimacy Theory and Chaplain Credentialing
§ Legality and Liability
§ Confidentiality and Privilege
§ Confidentiality of Health Information (HIPPA)
§ Professionalism in the Chaplaincy
§ Listening and Human Systems
§ Crisis Intervention - Level one
§ Conflict Management - Level one
§ Negotiation and Mediation - Level one
§ Unexpected Death Notification - Level one
* All equivalent credit must be submitted to the Department of Chaplaincy for approval whose decision will be final.