1. Renewal fee of $90.00 each year
2. No change in status or a review
3. Meet CEU requirement for level
**Yearly Renewal and CEU requirements vary depending on level of credentials.
To qualify, the chaplain must not have had any complaints lodged against them in the past year nor a change in their church affiliation. If there is a change in either area in the past twelve months a review is required prior to renewal.
CEU (Continuing Educational Units) Requirements by Levels per year -
- Sponsor Level - No CEUs required
- Entrance Level - 5 CEUs required on file
- Intermediate Level - 8 CEUs required on file
- Professional Level - 10 CEUs required on file
- Senior/Trainer Level - 10 CEUs required on file
- Division Staff Level -10 CEUs required on file
*CEUs must be field related -
A CEU unit is ten contact hours of participation in an organized educational experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction and qualified instruction. For example: 10 training hours usually equals 1.0 CEU but each unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) equals 2 CEUs. Credit will be given to online CEUs.
OCA will accept any field related training taught by credible trainers. -----
You can find online CEU's at this website for resonable cost at www.quantumunitsed.com - Thank you Bro Steve Miller for assisting with this.
Also, many hospitals offer CPE training for Medical chaplains.
Questions for other resources, please reach out to us.