If you are currently serving as a chaplain
WE WANT YOU
William Dillon is the Director of Operations and commander of Corporate Chaplains area of Occupational Chaplains Association OCA is a chaplain subdivision within the Department of Chaplaincy of the UPCI.
- Thirty five years of ministerial and chaplain experience
- 1985 to present - Ordained Minister
- 1980-1985 Licensed Minister
- Director of Operations OCA Chaplains
- Certified by the National Association of Forensic Counselor and the National Board of Addiction Examiners
Certified Addictions counselor
Certified Criminal Justice counselor
Certified Domestic Violence counselor
- National Trainer specializing in "Sudden and Unexpected Death Notification"
- Anger Management Trainer
- Associate chaplain NMMC and in CPE program
- Chaplain Dismas Charities
- Board of Director OCA corporate contacts
Former Positions Held
- Sr Pastor of Pentecostals of El Dorado AR
- Chaplain for the 13th Judicial Court AR
- President of the board of directors UGM
- Director ACT/LAM program 13th Judicial District
- ICPC Trained State Police Chaplain AR (no longer active)
- Chaplain Team Leader over several Companies based in of El Dorado, AR
- District Chaplains of Prison ministry CPF MS District
- Director of Life's Chaplains
- Regional Director of Life In Focus Education
- Certifying agent of Life's Chaplains,
- Department Director Tupelo Children's Mansion ten years
The Birth of the Corporate Chaplain
Several years ago corporations awoke to the understanding that employees were their greatest resource. Without taking care of the employe's needs they lost valuable trained workers, training dollars and production. Their answer was the Employe's Assistants Programs. This took on several forms form a number to call to some unknown place where the employee could talk to someone they did not know, to the open door policy from the office of the CEO of the company. Neither of these worked very well for different reasons. Employees did not want to talk to someone they did not know and could not see. The open door policy while it worked soon filled up the valuable time of the CEO's office.
Thus was born the Corporate Chaplain, they came to the rescue, walking among the employees on site each week. The chaplains know the employees and win their trust. They take the load off of everyone from the CEO to the HR Department by going to the hospitals, attending or performing weddings and funerals, making the calls and tending to the needs of the employee and their families.
Distance Learning Primary Site
(Click on picture of books to go directly to Ministry Central)
Level One and Two distance learning can be found on Ministry Central (ministrycentral.com) You can take both Levels on Ministry Central. To apply for endorse status you must complete Level One training and pass the tests. These are open book tests so feel free to review the material as many times as you need to. You can either take this training though our live training taught by Dr. Sidney Poe or take the training online. The courses are offered at a very reasonable cost compared to industry standards. When you apply there is a charge for application processing and first year dues. After the first year the renewal fee is $90.00 a year.
Within one year after being endorsed you are required to complete Level Two. This training is designed to give you tools to use when the need arises so that you will be able to help those in crises.
We have two sites for distance learning. Below you will see the link to OCATeachable.com. That site was our first training site and only has Level One training. Because of the program limits Level One on this site had to be split up in to parts A&B with test. It takes both A&B and the test to complete Level One training.
We sincerely pray that your journey into chaplaincy will be an anointed and fruitful path. If we can help you in any way, please contact my Administrative Assistant Brandi Hood at 662-346-3239 or firstname.lastname@example.org or if you need to talk to me you can call 870-814-0901.
Thank you for your interest and burden.